Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FASHION IN THE CITY - Interview with Mireille Urumuri


www.mireilleurumuri.com

Continued from yesterday, here is my promised Fashion interview with the fabulous Mireille Urumuri! Enjoy!

Suzanne: What does fashion mean to you?
Mireille: I think Fashion is one of the many ways that one can express oneself, one's beliefs and make certain statements.

Suzanne: When did your own personal style begin to take shape?
Mireille: At a very young age actually. I was looking into some of my mother's photo albums with my sisters and I just loved everything she was wearing. I guess I realized then that you could communicate very much without speaking just by wearing certain things in a certain way.

Suzanne: Can you remember your first outfit or piece that you adored wearing?
Mireille: There was this white puffed up dress with these big bright fruits drawn all over it. It was sleeveless and my younger sister had an identical one. I absolutely loved that dress and I think that's where my love for dresses came from.

Suzanne: Do you have any favorite designers?
Mireille: I admire a lots of designer but the one that just popped into my head is Elie Saab :)

Suzanne: Where are some of your favorite places to shop?
Mireille: I really like thrift stores for clothes that already have their own personality and a stories. In Vancouver I like Main street for local unique pieces. Then there is winners and Bedo.

Suzanne: What person has influenced your personal style?
Mireille: Most definitely my sisters. Without them I would not have any style at all :)

Suzanne: What celebrity has a style sense that you admire?
Mireille: Wow, that is a tough question. There are so many. Here are a few: Kerry Washington, Zoe Saldana, Penelope Cruz, Natalie Portman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Monica Bellucci ...

Suzanne: When putting together an outfit for an important event or for your day to day, what matters to you most?
Mireille: For an important event: I like it to be polished, classic with a twist. For a day to day: I like it to be comfortable and warm. What matters the most for me is quality.

Suzanne: In your wardrobe, what part do accessories play?
Mireille: I don't wear a lot of accessories but I always have a pair of earrings on.

Suzanne: How important is fashion in regards to your career?
Mireille: I think it is fairly important when attending events because your outfit says a lot about you. it's a little bit like in Blink - The power of thinking without thinking by Malcolm Gladwell :)

Suzanne: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Mireille: On a Feature Film Set in a remote location around the world in which I will have a leading role. :) Fingers (and toes) crossed :)

Suzanne: What do you enjoy about modeling?
Mireille: I really like the whole collaborative aspect of a photo shoot. The photographer, the Make Up Artist, the Hair dresser, the designer... I've learn a lot about cameras and lighting while modeling which I really like. The bonus is I get to learn a lot about my body shape and about how to apply Make Up on myself.

Suzanne: What do you love about acting?
Mireille: I love absolutely every single thing about acting.I've learned so much about life, humans and the world because of acting. When I get a script I do a lot of research. I research the place where everything takes place, the time period, the people of that period, their politics, their history and the history of their country and cities, their Fashion, their food, their philosophies....everything. And then I get into the character which allows me to travel to those places, see those people, eat their food which makes me feel like I am there. There is this whole internal shift inside that makes me do what I like the most : Tell a story. And at the end of the day, stories are what fuel my life. Modeling allows me to tell a story from the outside in but acting allows me to tell the story from the inside out. I could go on an on for hours about why I love acting so I'm going to stop right now before I make a novel out of this :) There is a whole process and I still have a lot to learn before I am ready for that Leading role I told you about in 5 years. It's all about the process :)
Keep your eye out for this lovely lady! Girl go to the Tyra Banks show and sit in the front. Tyra will probably discover you and put you on ANTM! And from there, features! And then the WORLD! Ooooohhh! My spidee sense says that we will be seeing a lot of Mireille in the future. Waaayyy sooner than those 5 years! You ROCK sista!


Now, go get you some!


Wait, before you do...please participate in the poll!  Do you want to see more fashion?  Perhaps the make-up tutorials interest you more or you would like more Hahaha posts!  Let me know so, your wish is my command!  Just think of me as your own cyber Genie. Vote for which subject you want more of in the poll box in the top right hand section of the page. Its interactive, its fun, its easy!   The voting period is over in 6 days so go ahead, you can do it right now! Ok, now you can go get you some.







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Hmm, where was that fabulous post? I wanna read it again.."