Monday, December 21, 2009

AVATAR - Please Take Me to Pandora!!!


Me as Suz'tryi

Ok, I am officially OBSESSED!  I LOOOOOVED THAT MOVIE!  Every freaking moment of it.  I think I smiled like a lunatic through the whole thing and clapped at many inappropriate times from the sheer joy of it! I was watching moving ART and because of the 3-D glasses, felt part of it!  It was - and I have seen thousands of thousands of movies - the most SPECTACULARLY BEAUTIFUL films ever experienced.  STUNNING!  Stimulated my imagination, moved me to almost tears, and made me fall in love.  I would so want to be part of the Na'vi and actually feel part of them.  I mean, look at that hair...not to far off don't cha think?

Loved the movie, didn't love some of the performances.
Right off the top, I wasn't impressed with Sigourney Weaver.  BORING!  I thinks she's a good actor, love her in everything else she did, but she just fell flat on this one.  I would almost say that I thought it was lousy casting.  She was a bit over the top.  Another over the top performance is the amazing Giovanni Ribisi. I say amazing because I know he's a great actor, but plllease!  Talk about over acting.  I think in a way guy is a bit too good.  He is a very particular talent.  He has to play in the right film and be cast in the right part or he just seems like overkill. Not very convincing. I didn't buy that he was boss man.  I also don't think he had the right look, but..whatever.   Hey, maybe I just didn't like his character.   The whole "tree monkeys" racist comment I found incredibly offensive, but really, I just don't think he worked.  Love him - wanna see him in something else.

But none of this affected my enjoyment of the movie.  Those two issues were a mere itch to me.  I was transported.  The story line was touching and the computer generated - Motion Capture, animated performances were completely believable. Seamless, so freaking realistic, I believe the Na'vi existed and had every being had a beating heart.  I can't wait to find out how they did it.  I am going to see this again, and I already know what my costume for Halloween is gonna be.  But why wait till then?  I'm seriously thinking of running around in a thong and painting my body blue.  But in the meantime photoshop will have to do.

Hey, Check out my Avi :) 

Go get you some!  See this movie!  You won't regret it!

If you enjoyed this post, show me some love.  Comment, Follow or Subscribe. Or what the heck, do all three! xxxooo 

2 comments:

  1. we are most defintiely sisters :) where'd you find a photo for the first one???

    ReplyDelete

"Hmm, where was that fabulous post? I wanna read it again.."