Wednesday, October 21, 2009

EVENT: Pret A Pour Tea 2009 - High Tea, High Fashion

Taking a break from my own Fashion Projects, I thought I would share my afternoon tea at "Seasons in The Park", with Pret A Pour Tea with you.

I was asked to speak at this very special event benefiting Breast Cancer Research.  High Tea, Fashion and obliterating cancer?  I'm so there...actually you got me at "High Tea".  I have never enjoyed a real High Tea at an upscale fancy shmancy restaurant before.  I have however, tried to mimic one in my home during an extremely hot summer years ago.  I forced my poor dear lady friends to come over, eat scones and watercress sandwiches, wear white linen and have genteel conversation with southern accents.  How old am I and still having tea parties?  (sigh)

Tamara Taggart (Local personality, weather girl, Regis co-host, and all around hilarious gal) has hosted the event for the past three years, and it was my turn to be her Kathy Lee.  There was a fabulous fashion show which I was asked to host (last minute) to my horror. I braved it and actually did quite well.

In the midst of my "I have nothing to stinking well wear to bed, forget about High Tea" hysteria, I was glad that I began my fashion week of "Stealing Designer Campaigns".  I felt I had a leg up! I've been getting used to copying looks.
My inspiration for the tea?


Lovely... No dreads? No matter.  I'll do my own thing.

 Ta Da!
Dress: Lithe @ Anthropologie
Bolero: Who freaking knows
Hat: Loan from Anne Hart (fabulous)

This is one of my favorite dresses and I thought it would be perfect, but I was missing a hat, and this was a "Mad Hatter" theme.  Joyfully, they lent me a saucy bonnet for the afternoon.  I did contemplate running off with it..I mean what are they gonna do?  Send someone after me? Hey, I was volunteering..but I decided I wanted to go to heaven after this life and gave it back in the end.  And for being such a good girl, I was blessed with tons of swag!  Free food, celebrity, a cause and swag??? Ahh, this is the life!
I took way to many pics for here but I'm going to post my favorite, and you can click on the photostream below at your leisure!



Tamara Taggart and Me
 
 
These Three Images: Rebecca Tay, Fashion Magazine
Photo by David Wei


Second Runner up for Most Fabulous Female
Her hat was her Grandma's
What a divine afternoon. Such Wonderful Women!



4 comments:

  1. You have to be one of the most pretentious people EVER! Get off your high horse lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! My first troll! I'm so excited!

    HOW VERY DARE YOU! If you don't like it then stop reading FREAK!! CLEARLY YOU HAVE NO LIFE IF ALL YOU DO IS LEAVE COMMENTS LIKE THESE ON PEOPLES SITES!
    p.s. you call this pretentious? You ain't read enough blogs!

    (how was that? Next, when they leave a nasty reply, I get to block them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All hats, except the last, are by Alice Hart Couture.

    Nice blog btw.

    Marilyn, Editor
    Vancouver Fashion eZine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marilyn! The hats are beyond beautiful!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

"Hmm, where was that fabulous post? I wanna read it again.."